Who we are
Seamthesis Srl is a privately owned R&D and Competence Center as well as Research Body and Innovative Start-up based in Italy, highly specialized in metallic and non-metallic materials, fabrication processes and production technology, advanced characterization and performance assessment of products and systems.
SEAMTHESIS Business Model (as from its foundation).
The Network of Excellence (NoE) is formed by:
in Europe and abroad.
Found in 2013 by R&D experts and Paolo Folgarait, as the crown of more than total 200 years worldwide activity in the Industry R&D and international R&D centers, Seamthesis has been developing to include (among its competencies and know-how):
- Alloy design of metal and non-metal alloys, intermetallics, ceramics and refractories, advanced polymers, nanostructured materials and functional materials (e.g. graphene)
- Material production and characterization at the lab level in small, medium and large-scale conditions
- New fabrication processes and production technologies, including post-processing, in a full through-process approach
- Turnkey solutions deployment at client’s industrial site and tailoring
- Application Engineering (e.g. energy, transport, aerospace, biomedical, industrial & mechanics)
- Specialist training and formation (and more…)
As a Research Body (as per its Articles of Incorporation) and Innovative start-up (as per EU and national law) Seamthesis Srl is able to bring its customers significant financial benefits from committed activities on job (in Italy and Europe).
As a Research Body, it brings its customers tax benefits under the form of tax credit (50% of incremental expenditure amount in R&D), as well as increased grant levels (typically up to 15%) in co-funded R&D projects at the regional, national and EU level. In many cases only the presence of a Research Body and Innovative Start-up can make a project proposal eligible for R&D funding.
As an innovative Start-up, it brings its partners incremental discounts making use of its own specialized personnel, under the form of reduced social costs on labor taxes, as well as to its shareholders as internal fiscal benefits (under the form of labor tax discounts), fundamental and strategic to unbind financial resources for investments in R&D tools (e.g. SW, HW, equipment) and human factor.
As a prime actor of the regional, national and EU Funding initiatives (e.g. H2020), Seamthesis is able to assist customers and partners to identify technical and financial needs for R&D and Innovation, select the proper financial tool and technical solution, along the whole application stage, till the execution, validation and deployment steps, including assistance for patents submission and intellectual Property Rights protection (in cooperation with first-class legal offices specialized in national and international lndustrial Law).