Seamthesis Srl is a privately owned R&D and Competence Center as well as Research Body and Innovative Start-up. Our name tells our values:
a connection that joins different parts and makes them efficient
a unifying proposal that melts skills and capabilities in something dynamic, more than the sum of each one.
LET'S KNOW US BETTER
We believe that permanent, integrated and competitive access to thecnological knowledge is a key for industries to push development and improve the wellness and competitivness of each country over the time. We see the enviromental friendly choices as a chance and an impulse to innovation.
Becoming a national and international technological center, point of reference to all the industrial players who share the values of a susteinable and responsible technological development in the field of addittive manufacturing and metallurgy
- Flexibility: high skilled and trained staff, eventually outsourced, to offer high level services, working through orders and with project manager
- Inclusiveness: cooperation among national and international organization with proven levels of competence, efficacy and competitiveness, as the main tool for growth and costumer satisfaction.
- Dissemination: as a R&D and Competence Center as well as Research Body and Innovative Start-up, we believe in technical-scientific dissemination and permanent training for our researchers, specialized technicians and staff. We provide basic and specialized training courses, both class and mono-company level, tailored to the specific needs of the Customer. We transfer know-how to universities as contract teachers, we create know-how with universities by training graduates, new researcher, hosting post-docs and researchers active in the sectors and disciplines of our current and future interest.
- Consent: we involve interested parties to share Seamthesis' vision and mission:
- Companies (-): we focus on medium-large and/or medium-small size industrial enterprises (SMEs) with innovative technologies, advanced products or business processes, market analysis, specialist consultancy, training.
- Production chain: our effort is promoting the development, scientific and technological enhancement of the country and its internationalization, with particular reference to the Industry 4.0 paradigms.
Calculation tools for numerical simulations, on-site activities and more, are the basis for maximizing and managing the research cycle and to develop the production chain. These are the fundamental elements for Seamthesis customers: technological innovation of their materials, implemented production processes and technologies to compete effectively in national and international markets.
- Networking: we create relationships among customers, public (universities) or private (Italian Confindustria, etc.) specialists, local business and financial organizations (small and medium-sized enterprises, banks and foundations) and others. Over the, Seamthesis has created a qualified, constantly updated Network of Excellence (NoE), which maximizes the final result and minimizes execution times and costs.
- Sectoring: we apply industrial logic to well-defined and well-identified target sectors (e.g. production chains and divisions of energy, environment, metal technology), which allows us to keep active specific sector skills and make available to the market and to our customers specialized tools and skills by field of application (by competence) and technology (through-process).
Thanks to the aggregation with some important industrial groups and the collaboration with the main actors of recognized international fame in the sectors in which it operates (universities, R&D centers, engineering companies, advanced qualification laboratories for materials and products, etc.), Seamthesis offers excellent technological services to its members and customers.
Competences and capabilities
Seamthesis’ main core competences and know-how (in R&D, Technology Transfer, Business Development & Strategic Marketing, etc.) are:
- Materials Science and Metallurgy (e.g. physical metallurgy, alloy design, product development), including prototype production at the lab scale for further transformation, post-processing and qualification
- CFD, FEM, process simulation and material modeling (at all production stage and level, also on-site industrial)
- Steelmaking, Secondary Metallurgy, Solidification and Casting, Materials deformation and reology, Quality and Process Control, Automation (including Big Data analysis, sensoring and monitoring)
- Welding, Joining, Cladding (e.g. TIG, laser), Surface Engineering and Coatings (e.g. PVD, CVD, HVOF, PTA)
- Powder Metallurg, Polymers and Ceramics
- Additive Manufacturing (metals, non-metals and polymers)
- Other powder-related routes (e.g. HIP, MIM), including post-processing (e.g. sieving, blending, packaging)
- Advanced material characterisation (raw material, intermediate and finished products)
- Product qualification and component performance assessment through modelling and small-to-full scale experiments, component prototyping (via Additive Manufacturing or conventional routes), production routes qualification
- Project management along the whole Supply Chain, along with the process (through-process), including in-line presence, quality inspection, specification preparation, CAD/CAM, ready-to-produce drawings, reporting, more
- Energy Efficiency & Environmental Engineering